Sunday 12 July 2015

Death Guard update

Slowly getting there with my Death Guard painting and I am very pleased with how they are coming out. You may have seen a couple of these photos before but I just grabbed what I have at the moment.

This is Colic my sorcerer of Nurgle and his bodyguard squad of regular Nurgle chaos marines. This squad has since been completed but I don't have a photo of them. The models were 2nd or 3rd ed chaos marines which my boss found in a charity shop and bought for me. They had already been build hence the odd poses on some of them. 

This rhino was also found by my boss but it had originally been covered in pretty much every bit from the sprues which took some time to prune off of it. Any holes created have been plugged with rust (Armageddon Dust). 

Typhus (who I've just realised is also missing a photo) has a squad of terminators as his bodyguards. All five have been painted but this photo was taken as I worked on these three. You might be wondering why they and the chaos marines above are white-ish rather than green? I decided that the bodyguard squads shoukld look different and so are coloured more like the original Death Guard colours but filthy and rusted.

One twenty man squad of Plague Marines complete. Very pleased with how these have turned out. Most are the plastic chaos marine models but some of them use the plague marine parts and others have elements of the Forge World plague marines upgrade packs (thanks to a friend who bought two sets for me). I still have another twenty man squad to build and paint.


Work in progress of a plaguebearer squad I was painting last night. I've painted them different colours to make them a bit different and to have them stand out. Some of the other five are different shades of green and grey. My favourite is the standard bearer as I think he came out looking the best when you see them in the flesh.

You can see three bikes in the background of some of these. They were also part of the figures that my boss found but they are a bit poorly built. I'm having to think how I can paint the riders properly as I can't get to most of the front of the riders.

I've also got another box of plaguebearers, two boxes of raptors, one box of chaos marines, a box of cultists, a box of Warhammer Fantasy zombies to work through. I've also bought myself Cypher with plans for a box of the hooded Dark Angels to represent his chosen bodyguard. 

I decided that my army represents the Death Guard as they are during the 13th Black Crusade. The theory is that Cypher may be the mysterious "Voice of the Emperor" so I liked the idea of using the dataslate to have him as an ally in games against the Dark Angels.







No comments:

Post a Comment