Thursday 16 February 2012

An update

Well, my Forge Fathers arrived from Mantic a couple weeks ago and I have to say that I love the models. There's no room for converting at least not easily but I don't mind. I've got ten of the twenty built and I finally build the White Dwarf promo mini as well, but so far lack of time and worse, a lack of desire has prevented me painting any of them. I think part of it is also that I desperately want to know whether Demiurg are in the new Tau book or not, and depending which rumours you follow the book may or may not be out in a few months. The lack of info has halted my desire to do anything with them.

I am also in the process of trying to get the flat rearranged so I have a dedicated games room again. Once I do then I think I'll be in a happier frame of mind to sit down and do some painting whether it be my Salamanders or my Squats.

Another reason for getting the games room done is because for a while now I have had the desire to build a fixed games table for 40K. I know some folks out there don't like the idea of a fixed table but it's something I want to do and do well. I was influenced by the following vid on youtube:



Rather than a factorum complex I want to do a burnt out city block. If you've seen photos of the ruins of Stalingrad during the second world war you'll have an idea of the look that I want to go for. It's going to take me some time to organise and arrange but hopefully once I can start I'll post details on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment