Thursday 15 December 2011

League Game #1

The hated Eldar have appeared from nowhere and swept through the Coronas sector, obliterating Imperial holdings on every planet they reach. World after world has fallen. The local system governor sent an urgent call for assistance. The Salamander's second company responded and set down to halt the alien advance.

Since my friend Joel and have had handed in our tournament lists we decided to help speed things up a little and played our league game early last night. Our mission was Black Crusade from the battle missions book, a mission that neither of us had ever played before. A learning experience for us both. Special rules were that any non-vehicle units that are destroyed return to reserves and can come in again, non-fearless units are stubborn and everyone has preferred enemy. Kill points determine the winner. Neither of us had lists that favoured this mission but my opponent's choices gave him the edge here.

Enemy forces:
Eldar - Iyanden

HQ
Eldrad Ulthran (counts as).

Troops
10 Wraithguard, Spirit Seer with Conceal.
10 Wraithguard, Spirit Seer with Conceal.
10 Dire Avengers with Exarch, extra Avenger Shuriken Catapult & Bladestorm.
With dedicated transport - Wave Serpent, Spirit Stones, Twin-linked Shuriken Cannons & Shuriken Cannon (replacing Catapults).

Heavy Support
3 War Walkers, 2 Scatter Lasers each.
Wraithlord, 2x Flamers, Bright Lance, Eldar Missile Launcher.
Wraithlord, 2x Flamers, Bright Lance, Wraithsword.

---

A very tough game for me. The mission certainly favoured close combat armies and I didn't have that sort of list. Neither did Joel but the toughness of his forces worked in his favour to even that out. I lost my predator tank first turn before it got to do anything, and I went through my terminators about four times and I don't how many times my tactical squads were recycled.
After the match Joel and I talked about the game as we packed it all away, and I don't think there was much more that I could have done. Joel thinks his list is just a fun list and hardly competative, and he may be right, but it's going to be a tough list for most players in the league to take down.

My opponent won with 13 kill points to my 4.

The Imperial forces were decimated under the relentless Eldar attack. Then as suddenly as they had appeared, the war host vanished leaving a trail of devastated worlds in their wake. It is unclear at this time what the reason for their attack were, but the survivours of the Coronas sector watch the skies fearful that they may return.

No comments:

Post a Comment